Autumn / Fall Coloured Play Dough – Quick and Simple Recipe
A quick and simple recipe for Autumn / Fall coloured playdough.
Ingredients: (per individual colour)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or mixed spice or a few drops of your autumn scented oil of choice
- 1 dessert sp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paint colour of choice (red, orange, brown, yellow, gold)
- 1/4 cup of water (may need a little more)
- If using a food processor, which I did for this batch, attach dough blade/attachment.
- Mix flour, oil, salt an paint together in a bowl.
- Add a little mixed spice, or ground cinnamon or autumn scented oils to the dough for an added sensory experience.
- Add a little water at a time until ingredients form a dough.
- Add a little more flour if the mixture is too wet.
- When dough is formed, tip onto counter top and knead into a smooth ball
- Wrap in cling film or place in an air tight container and allow to stand for an hour before playing
- Rewrap in cling film at the end of play session if you would like to reuse it and store in the fridge.
Finally – play, have fun, be creative!