Snowman Stained Glass Windows
Looking for a Winter or Christmassy craft for children, then why not try out this snowman stained glass window activity.
Snowman Stained Glass Windows – Christmas and Winter crafts for kids
What you need:
- Dark coloured paper – blue or black
- Tissue Paper – variety of colours
- Glue sticks
- Hole puncher
- googly eyes
What you do:
- Draw your design onto the dark coloured paper
- Cut out the design, I actually did this for my children (5 & 2), I usually insist on them doing the cutting but this part of the project can be a little tricky for little fingers.
- Punch lots of little holes all over the sheet for snowflake or use a snowflake punch.
- Cut or tear the tissue paper in smaller pieces.
- Cut a piece of white tissue paper to the size of the original sheet of paper
- Glue around the edges of each space
- Stick the tissue paper onto the page.
- Stick the white piece of tissue paper so that it fully covers the back of the sheet of paper
- Flip the page over and glue on googly eyes, a nose and a mouth (scraps of coloured paper) and stars for buttons on the snowman’s body.
- Display the finished snowman on a window!
For an alternative to a snowman why not try our Christmas tree version of this project.
Have lots of festive fun!
We have lots of seasonal ideas and activities. For more Christmas posts take a look at the Seasonal section of the site and scroll through all the Christmas fun. We are regularly adding new material so check back to see what’s new!
Pingback: Christmas Tree Stained Glass Windows | Our Little House in the Country
Very Cute! I am always looking for great crafts to try with my boys (especially since I am NOT a crafty person!) and this one looks like one we could definitely do. I’m glad I saw your link at the G.R. linkup.
Thank you Cheri! Have fun!
This is really cute. It looks like it was a fun project. My daughter is too young for it, but I’m pinning for others.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: 10 Snowman Art Projects for Cold Wintry Afternoons | Our Little House in the Country
Pingback: Toilet Rolls and Cotton Wool Snowmen – A Preschool Winter Craft | Our Little House in the Country
Pingback: 11 snowman crafts to make this winter - Gift of Curiosity
Pingback: Valentine’s Day Crafts for Younger Children (Preschool and Early Primary/Kindergarten) | Our Little House in the Country
Pingback: 10 Christmas Crafts and Activities for Kids | Our Little House in the Country
Pingback: The Ultimate List of Snowman Homeschool Resources: Printables, Hands-On, Snacks, Books, and More! | Free Homeschool Deals ©