Lottie’s Holiday Adventure Writing Competition
Disclosure: I am an Ambassador for Lottie Dolls, I have received a doll in exchange for a fair and honest review (coming soon), Arklu, the manufacturer of Lottie are currently running this writing competition that I thought some of our readers may be interested in. All queries and questions should be forwarded to the contact details supplied below not to Our Little House in the Country.
A little about Lottie:
‘Lottie’ is an award winning doll for kids aged 3-9; Lottie retails in 30 countries and has won 19 awards.In the UK Lottie is available on Amazon as well as retailers including Hamleys, Debenhams and independent toy shops. Lottie dolls retail at £16.99; accessory sets and outfits at £7.99.
The key point of difference is that Lottie has a ‘childlike’ body based on the average proportions of a 9 year old child, and doesn’t wear makeup, jewellery or high heels, and she can stand on her own two feet (always a useful life skill for all girls, big and small) She is doing all the activities that real kids do.
Arklu are strong advocates of literacy and are weaving this into their development work with Lottie. They are currently organising a literacy competition and offering a winner the chance to win a selection of 10 books listed on their Great Books for Girls Pinterest board (that boys should read too!). Books with really strong and positive female role models including Anne of Green Gables, Jo in Little Women and Pippi Longstocking. Check out the Pinterest board page:
They want kids aged 10 and under to have some fun with writing by creating a story about our doll character ‘Lottie’.
There is a printable template for parents to download and help their children to use their imagination and own feelings and experiences to create a really exciting and creative story.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entering the competition is very straightforward, and requires parental permission.
- Parents and guardians are asked to download a printable template from the storywriting app on the Lottie dolls Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/lottiedolls so that kids can use this as a starting point for their story.
- Parents are then required to take a JPEG (NOT PDF) format photo of their child’s story and upload it onto the storywriting contest Facebook app at https://www.facebook.com/lottiedolls and fill in a form to grant parental permission for their child’s entry to be considered for the competition.
- Full terms and conditions of the competition are to be found at: http://www.lottie.com/holiday-adventures-story-writing-competition-terms-conditions/
- The closing date for entries is Friday 12th September 2014.
For Further Information:
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lottiedolls
Tweet us www.twitter.com/@lottie_dolls
See Lottie in action: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialLottieDolls
Have fun, be creative and good luck with the competition!