Foam Painting – Painting and Printing with Shaving Foam
This is such a fun activity! It combines two of our favourites – messy play and painting! This is simple, fun and suitable for all ages from toddlers up! It has been a while since we last did this and a recent post from Left Brain Craft Brain inspired me to try it again.
What we used:
- shaving foam (we but cheap and cheerful but does the job perfectly)
- trays (we used a baking tray and a printing tray, our second printing tray is still missing!!!!)
- paint brushes
What we did:
- Doodles sprayed some foam onto each tray
- Doodles and Oodles then spread the the foam over the trays so that they were covered in a thin layer.
- They then poured some paint onto the tray and used their brushes to swirl the paint through the foam.
- Once they were happy with their designs they gently placed their sheets of card onto the trays and gently rubbed.
- Carefully they peeled back the card and revealed their prints.
We left the sheets to dry and a few hours later our works of art transformed into these “marbleised” prints.D and O were thrilled with the outcome but to be honest the process was so much fun and the real highlight of this art activity.