Autumn Tree Collages – Fall Art Activities for Kids
What we used:
- coloured paper
- felt autumn leaves and scraps of felt
- PVA non toxic glue
- cotton wool
What we did:
- I encouraged the children to tear a piece of green paper to create the grass or hill for the foreground of their picture.
- They then ripped brown paper (we used brown sugar paper for it’s texture) into strips to make the tree trunks
- Using the PVA glue they arranged the paper on the blue sheet to create their grass and tree and then added the leaves and felt scraps
- Doodles suggested that we add leaves and apples to the ground as trees in our garden are unfortunately beginning to shed their leaves and apples already!
- D also wanted to added fluffy clouds to his sky and used cotton wool to do so.
- When we were happy with our creations we mounted each on a slightly larger sheet of orange card
This is a quick and easy activity but lots of fun and produces a very effective autumn scene. It also provides lots of opportunities to discuss the changes that occur in autumn and chat about the various colours associated with autumn.