Finger Print Autumn Trees – Fall Art Activities for Kids
What we used:
- poster paints
- paint tray
- blue card
- paint brushes
What we did:
- We each painted a tree trunk
- Using our fingers we printed lots and lots of different coloured autumn leaves all over the tree
- Doodles and Oodles both wanted to add apples and D showed apples falling from his tree.
- Still using our fingers we added grass to the paintings and dotted a leaf or two on the grass.
- We used gold paint for some of the leaves and this added a lovely sparkle and sheen to the trees!
- To show the paintings at their best we mounted each painting onto a slightly larger sheet of orange card and displayed them in our kitchen!
Most children love to finger paint, especially younger children, it is a lovely sensory experience and great for hand-eye coordination. A variation of this activity is to use cotton buds or a paint brush to dot the leaves onto the tree, especially for children who may not like finger painting.
We would love to see how you get on with this activity – why not upload and share a photo of your paintings on our Facebook page?