St Patrick’s Day Crown – a fine motor and cutting skills craft for preschool
This is a great little craft for preschoolers-working on fine motor skills and cutting skills!
This is so easy to make and is a fun way to use all those stickers that are for sale in discount stores for St Patrick’s Day at the moment (my kids always insist on buying stickers for every event or occasion!) My little girl (3) had a lot of fun making this earlier today!
- green card
- green wool
- cut a zig zag pattern on a strip of card long enough to go around the child’s head.
- stick festive stickers like these shamrocks along the crown (peeling stickers of the backing paper is a super way to develop fine motor skills in younger kids).
- put a little glue such as PVA along the edges of the zig zag and sprinkle gold glitter on it, shake off the excess.
- cut numerous lengths of green wool (younger kids will need help with this) and braid 2 thick plaits to be attached as pigtails on either side of the crown.
- perfect to wear to your local St Patrick’s Day parade or party 😉
Happy St Patrick’s Day!