Christmas Candle Flower Arranging for Kids
How to Make Candle Flower Arrangements for Christmas with Kids
I came across these photos from this time last year and I just had to share this fun and Christmassy activity for kids. I love to arrange flowers and occasionally do wedding and other celebrations and would someday love to it for a living. But for now I create with flowers most of the time simply for fun and to decorate our home. This time last year while I was making a number of Christmas wreaths for friends and family Doodles and Oodles were fascinated by what I was doing so I decided to include them and helped them to create their very own Christmas Candle arrangements!
- Floristry oasis or foam
- Floristry ribbon (green)
- Lots of greenery cuttings from our garden
- Christmas decorations
- Candle holders
What we did:
- Soak the oasis in a basin of water until they sink to the bottom
- Secure on a floristry tray using green ribbon or tape
- Place the candle holder in the oasis/foam. Alternatively, tape 3 or 4 toothpicks to the candles and this will ho;d the candle in place.
- Stick lots and lots of greenery into the oasis until all of the foam is covered.
- Add decorations and ribbons.
- Insert candle!
- Display and enjoy!
Have lots of festive fun!