Cardboard Box Monsters – Halloween Crafts for Kids
Monster Madness has taken over Our Little House in the Country. These cardboard box monsters were so much fun to make!
A favourite book of ours at the moment is Scaredy Boo by Claire Freedman & Russell Julian. Doodles (5) has been very busy drawing his own monsters based on the little monsters in this book so we decided to use his drawings and the book as inspiration for this activity!
What we used:
- washing detergent tablet cardboard boxes
- wrapping paper
- googly eyes
- pipe cleaners
- PVA glue
- sticky tape
- shredded paper
What we did:
- Cover the boxes in wrapping paper
- Add googly eyes
- Cut teeth and fangs out from white paper and glue on
- Have lots of fun decorating your monster in whatever way you choose – we added hair, noses, glitter etc.
- Be as creative as you like and play with the monsters! I got up yesterday to find one of ours had a mouth full of Peppa Pig character figures!!!!!
Be creative and have fun!
I love how cute your monster boxes turned out. It’s great how kids can decorate them however they want so each one is unique and different. I am featuring this post too! Have a great week 🙂
Pingback: 90+ Halloween Activities, Crafts, Books, Tips, Tricks and Treats for Younger Children | Our Little House in the Country
Pingback: 14 Monster Activities for Kids – Crafty Kids at Home
Pingback: Monstrous List of Monster Crafts for Kids - Fantastic Fun & Learning
Pingback: 20 Ways to Create Monsters to Ease Monster Fears