Fuzzy Wuzzy PomPom Monsters
Super Easy PomPoms
I used to love making pompoms as a child but they can be tedious and sometimes tricky for younger children if using the traditional method of using two circular pieces of card. So, I used this as an excuse to spend even more time on Pinterest (as if I need an excuse!) and went about looking for an easier way for little hands to make pompoms. I came across this great, very easy method from Mom On Timeout! We wanted to make slightly bigger pompoms so we wrapped the wool around 4 fingers instead of two! Pop over to Mom on Timeout for step by step instructions on how to make super easy pompoms.
- We made several pompoms of various sizes using the above method.
- Using PVA glue we attached some googly eyes.
- I had laid out some materials such as shredded paper, pipe cleaners, small pompoms, stars etc I encouraged Doodles (5) and Oodles (almost 3) to use these bits and pieces to add details to their monsters.
- We wrapped pipe cleaners around our fingers to make spirals for ears and antennae.
- For legs and arms we folded the pipe cleaners into zigzags.
- To attach we wrapped the pipe cleaners around some of the wool in the pompoms.
- Ribbons and bows were tied onto some of little monsters too.
- Basically, anything goes! Be creative!
Be creative, have fun!