Scarecrow Wooden Spoon Puppet – Autumn / Fall Crafts for Kids
Our list of autumn / fall crafts and activities is growing by the day. Why not try our latest – a cute Harvest Scarecrow Puppet!
My kids love puppets and putting on their own puppet shows. They also love scarecrows. And they absolutely love this scarecrow puppet I made while Doodles was at school and O was taking a nap as a follow on activity from our Scarecrow Collages. Now I have to go and buy some more wooden spoons so that we can make more for a show they want to put together!!!!!
- felt scraps
- hessian/burlap scraps
- wooden spoon
- 3 drinking straws
- pieces of straw
- black marker
- Tape the 3 straws together, then tape and secure them across the wooden spoon to make the Scarecrow’s arms
- Tape some straw across the arms and down the body.
- Fold a piece of hessian/burlap in half and cut a little hole for the neck opening, do the same with a scrap of felt to make his coat.
- Glue the coat in place (or staple just below the arms each side to secure the fabric)
- Add buttons. If you don’t have any button, cut little buttons out of the felt and glue on.
- Cut out a hat shape from the felt.
- Stick a little straw onto the head (spoon), for hair and secure hat over it.
- Draw a face onto the spoon with a marker.