Scarecrow Collages – Autumn / Fall Crafts for Kids
Scarecrow collages are a great Autumn/Fall craft for younger children. Hope you have as much fun making these as we did!
Continuing with our autumn theme we have been looking at scarecrows and using a variety of materials to make collages. My little girl Oodles (2.5yo) and I made these but they are suitable for preschoolers and children in the younger classes at school.
- variety of coloured paper and card
- googly eyes
- PVA non toxic glue
- paper plates
- pre-cut face templates
- fake sheafs of wheat
- stapler and staples
What we did:
- We started by gluing some straw onto the top of a paper plate to make hair. I secured the straw with a staple or two on each side.
- Using a variety of coloured card and paper we cut out hats, bows and other shapes to decorate our scarecrows.
- For the first time ever I have run out of googly eyes so we improvised with buttons, which I think work just as well, although O doesn’t agree!!!!
- We spent some time personalising each scarecrow and made one using pre cut face templates we have in our craft supplies.
- The best thing about this activity is that you can be as imaginative and creative with the hats, clothing etc.
Oodles obviously hasn’t fully mastered using a scissors yet so I did have to help her quite a bit but she came up with the ideas and gave me instructions. These types of activities are fantastic for developing language, not just creativity and fine motor skills. Encourage as much talk and discussion as possible when crafting with children, helping to improve social skills and language development.
They are super cute!!! And how could you run out of googly eyes??! 😉
Thanks a mil! I know, seriously, how did I manage to do it- I better get some soon or I’ll be in big trouble! I’m sure there must be some hidden somewhere 😀
Pingback: Scarecrow Wooden Spoon Puppet – Autumn / Fall Crafts for Kids | Our Little House in the Country
How cute! My kids would love to try this craft out!
Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!
Very beautiful! Can you tell me the name of the program that you use to do the photo collages? Have a nice day!
Hi Simona and thank you! I use Picmonkey for most of my collages. Thanks for visiting!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop 53 - Enchanted Homeschooling Mom - Enchanted Homeschooling Mom
Pingback: The Super Mommy Club Party - Week 21
Your scarecrows turned out so cute! Great idea 🙂
Thank you 🙂