Wine Cork Mini Rafts – Simple Pirate Ships
If you follow us on Instagram you may have noticed that I like a glass of wine every now and again (ahem J )and I regularly save the corks for craft projects as well as for free play with loose pieces. A really simple wine cork craft is these little rafts. I will be sharing a number of wine cork crafts over the coming weeks for both kids and adults so get saving your corks!
Doodles (6) and Oodles (3.5 y.o.) absolutely loved making these boats, so much so that we made a few varieties which to can check out here and here. We hope you have as much fun as we did.
Simple wine cork raft (Pirate Ship):
What you need:
What you do:
- Attach 3 wine corks together by wrapping 2 elastic bands around the corks ensuring that the lie flat like a raft. (I had to do this for my kids)
- Cut out a sail from scraps of coloured paper or if you want to make a pirate ship, make the sail from black paper.
- We drew a skull and cross bones on black sugar paper using white crayons and chalk. We also use colourful scraps of wrapping paper for sails.
- Pass a cocktail stick or skewer through the top and bottom of the sail
- Stick the pointy end of the stick into the middle cork or between two of the corks
- Launch in a basin of water!
- Lollypop Stick Mini Rafts
- Matchstick Mini Rafts