Paint Filled Water Balloons – Messy Outdoor Summer Fun!
Following our recent Water Themed Birthday Party we had a lot of waterballoons left and I was eager to try out lots of different activities with them! This morning was bright and sunny and perfect for more waterballoon fun, so I decided to fill several balloons with paint and see what fun we could have!
- water balloons
- poster paint
- tap attachment for filling balloons
- paddling balloon
- Using the tap attachment screwed onto the paint bottles, which is basically a plastic screw on lid with a funnel I squeezed a little paint into several balloons.
- Once I had the paint inserted, I took the balloons out to the outdoor tap, screwed the attachment onto the tap and filled the balloons with water. (splashing myself in the process!!!!)
- When we had a basin full of balloons I gave Doodles and Oodles the basin and they got into the paddling pool and fired the balloons at the ground, loving the colour splashy mess they made.
- When they had burst all of the balloons they skidded and slipped around in the paint in order to get as messy as possible.
- Before I knew it, they had the hose out, rinsed out the pool and filled it with bubbles and water. They asked me to place the slide into the pool and proceeded to play happily for most of the morning
Have you any other waterballoon ideas for us to try?