Paint Filled Water Balloons – Messy Outdoor Summer Fun!
Following our recent Water Themed Birthday Party we had a lot of waterballoons left and I was eager to try out lots of different activities with them! This morning was bright and sunny and perfect for more waterballoon fun, so I decided to fill several balloons with paint and see what fun we could have!
- water balloons
- poster paint
- tap attachment for filling balloons
- paddling balloon
- Using the tap attachment screwed onto the paint bottles, which is basically a plastic screw on lid with a funnel I squeezed a little paint into several balloons.
- Once I had the paint inserted, I took the balloons out to the outdoor tap, screwed the attachment onto the tap and filled the balloons with water. (splashing myself in the process!!!!)
- When we had a basin full of balloons I gave Doodles and Oodles the basin and they got into the paddling pool and fired the balloons at the ground, loving the colour splashy mess they made.
- When they had burst all of the balloons they skidded and slipped around in the paint in order to get as messy as possible.
- Before I knew it, they had the hose out, rinsed out the pool and filled it with bubbles and water. They asked me to place the slide into the pool and proceeded to play happily for most of the morning
This was such a simple idea, but kept them playing and entertained for ages and more importantly playing happily and well together!
Have you any other waterballoon ideas for us to try?
Oh my goodness me I love this idea sooo much! I’m off to order water balloons now 🙂
Pingback: Painting with Water Pistols – Outdoor Summer Fun! | Our Little House in the Country
oh, my, how fun! using the kiddie pool to keep the mess contained is brilliant!
Hi Ciara – thanks for linking up again this week. I don’t think I’m brave enough to let the kiddos lose with paint in water balloons even if it does look like a heck of a lot of fun! We have been putting our slide in our paddling pool just like that this week and Master J has had a blast!
Hi Clare! I would love to be a kid again simply to slide into the paddling pool!!! Thanks so much for stopping by, lovely to hear from you again 🙂
Hi Ciara it looks like your kiddos had so much fun, what a great messy play activity! I am planning on featuring it this week at the Love to Learn Linky. I hope you will stop by and link up again-the party starts Thursday 🙂 Have a fun day!
Thank you, that’s lovely to hear! Yes, I’ll be back again on Thursday to link up! Thank you 🙂
Love the photos of this Ciara – again – such a great idea for Summer water play! Thanks for sharing at the Love to Learn Linky!
Pingback: Our Summer Adventures 2014 – From the West of Ireland to the South of France and everything in between! | Our Little House in the Country
Pingback: 10 Messy Fun Ways to Play Outside | Stlouisdaily
Pingback: Art Activities for Active Kids - The Chaos and the Clutter
Pingback: 20 FUN Water Balloons Games for Kids|Summer Wet Play
Pingback: 15 Water Balloon Activities For Kids