Marble Painting – More Rainy Day Messy Art Fun!
What we used:
- trays (we used a printing tray and a lid of a shoe box – couldn’t find my 2nd printing tray!!!!)
- cheap and cheerful frames from Ikea
- basin of soapy water
What we did:
- We placed a piece of card onto each tray and squirted some paint onto the card
- Doodles and oodles practiced with one marble first in order to get used to rolling the marble around the tray through the paint.
- They then added a number of marbles and made all sorts of lovely patterns.
- Once they were happy with their creation they emptied the marbles into the basin of water and pealed the card off their tray and left to dry.
- Doodles made several works of art and Oodles was more than happy to wash all the marbles, she absolutely loves to play with water.
- When the master pieces had dried I popped them into a set of frames we bought a number of years ago in Ikea. Every now and again we change the contents of the frame and use them to decorate the walls of our playroom!
I love to display their art work and there is always something on display in the kitchen and playroom. I hate throwing them away once I take them down, but they’ve done so much that we couldn’t possibly keep them all. So now I photograph everything and we keep one or two favourites and I store them in large plastic portfolio folders I have for each of them.
How do you store, record your children’s art work? Let us know below and feel free to leave a link to your post about displaying or storing children’s art work!