Marble Painting – More Rainy Day Messy Art Fun!
Another rainy day meant another afternoon of messy art fun! Today we used our marbles to create fantastic works of art and most importantly had a lot of fun doing it!
What we used:
- trays (we used a printing tray and a lid of a shoe box – couldn’t find my 2nd printing tray!!!!)
- cheap and cheerful frames from Ikea
- basin of soapy water
What we did:
- We placed a piece of card onto each tray and squirted some paint onto the card
- Doodles and oodles practiced with one marble first in order to get used to rolling the marble around the tray through the paint.
- They then added a number of marbles and made all sorts of lovely patterns.
- Once they were happy with their creation they emptied the marbles into the basin of water and pealed the card off their tray and left to dry.
- Doodles made several works of art and Oodles was more than happy to wash all the marbles, she absolutely loves to play with water.
- When the master pieces had dried I popped them into a set of frames we bought a number of years ago in Ikea. Every now and again we change the contents of the frame and use them to decorate the walls of our playroom!
I love to display their art work and there is always something on display in the kitchen and playroom. I hate throwing them away once I take them down, but they’ve done so much that we couldn’t possibly keep them all. So now I photograph everything and we keep one or two favourites and I store them in large plastic portfolio folders I have for each of them.
How do you store, record your children’s art work? Let us know below and feel free to leave a link to your post about displaying or storing children’s art work!
Artsy Play Wednesday @ Capri + 3, HDYDI? @ What’s Up Fagans?, Mom’s Library @ iGameMom
I have been wanting to try marble painting with our little ones. Your photos are inspiring me to get to it! I love all the colors and designs. Please share on Artsy Play Wednesday. I’m pinning it.
Thank you Theresa, hope you guys have great fun if you try this out. I’ll head over now to share on Artsy Play Wednesday, I’d be delighted to share! Thanks again, Ciara x
My daughter loves her marbles! I’m not sure she’ll be ok with getting them dirty, lol! The paintings came out great!!
My daughter LOVES her marbles! I’m not sure though if she’ll be ok getting them dirty, lol! The paintings came out great!
Thank you! My daughter took a lot of time washing ours after the activity to make sure that they were just perfect again! Lol !
Pingback: Ideias para um fim de semana criativo #06 | TempoJunto
What a great idea!! My boys will get such a kick out of watching the marbles make tracks. I can’t wait to try this out with them. 🙂 Visiting form #HDYDI!
It’s really great fun Katy! They’ll love it! Thanks for visiting ! 🙂
Pingback: Messy Play & Pinning Party - The Chaos and the Clutter
Pingback: Messy Play & Pinning Party #44 - Teaching Mama
LOVE this idea. I, too, photograph my daughters’ art. I started doing that to share with my deployed husband electronically, and then realized how much space it saved.
Pingback: Make a marble painting with marbles! | 101thingstodowithkids
Pingback: raise money for cancer
Pingback: interior decorating ideas
Pingback: atb mortgage calculator
Pingback: 20 Rainy Day Activities For Preschoolers