Match Stick Mini Rafts (Another Simple Wine Cork Craft for Kids)
Match stick mini rafts:
- Wine corks
- Match sticks
- Elastic bands
- Cocktail sticks or wooden skewers
- Ice lolly sticks
- Blue tack or playdough
- PVA glue
What you do:
- Attach 3 wine corks together by wrapping 2 elastic bands around the corks ensuring that the lie flat like a raft. (I had to do this for my kids)
- Cover the top of the raft in PVA glue
- Place an ice lolly stick on top of the raft, press down to ensure that it sticks.
- Now, cover the lolly stick in PVA glue
- Stick the matchsticks close together across the length of the lolly stick
- Leave to dry
- Cut a triangular sail from coloured paper of design you own sail and cut it out.
- Pass a cocktail stick or wooden skewer through the sail.
- When the raft is dry, stick a little lump of blue tack or playdough onto the raft and stick the sail into it.
- Fill up your sink or paddling pool and launch you rafts!
For more rafting fun check out: