Pavalova with Fresh Cream and Raspberries ( and a new direction for our little blog)
Pavalova with Fresh Cream and Raspberries – a recipe and a new direction for our blog!
Hi there everyone, it has been a quiet week on the blog but a very busy one here at Our Little House. My gorgeous little boy started school, wow, was that a big step… for us all! More on that again. Today I’d like to tell you about a new section I’ve decided to add to our little blog – Our Home – all things home related. When I started this blog a while back I always intended to include all aspects of our lives here but decided to get started and focus on the activities for children and parenting side of things. In fact if you follow us on Instagram you have probably noticed my slight obsession with interiors, flowers, etc. As the new school year begins and my second year as a stay at home mum starts I have decided to set myself a new challenge, to develop the blog further. Don’t worry, if you follow us for our kids activities, that will still make up a huge portion of our content – probably most of it. I’d also like you to get to know us a little better so I’m planning the occasional family update from time to time which you will find in the section “Family” and also, in the section “Our Home” you will find the occasional recipe, ideas for seasonal décor, crafts I am working on and some of my tips for making day to day life a little easier.
To start things off I am sharing my recipe for Pavalova with fresh cream and raspberries! We recently started to rear our own chickens and this is one of the recipes I have been working on to put our eggs to good use!
- 4 egg whites (we used our gorgeous free range eggs from Lucy and Harri our own chucks)
- 250g icing sugar – most people use castor sugar, this is my little twist
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk egg white until they form stiff white peaks
- Add the sugar a spoon at a time and whisk until glossy and stiff (I generally use my electric hand whisk and sometime my food processor but I find the hand whisk works better)
- Whisk in the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper creating a circle with a well in the middle (higher sides than middle)
- Bake at 140 degrees Celsius for 1 hr and then switch off oven and leave to cool in the oven.
- When cool, place on a serving plate, fill the centre well with whipped cream and decorate with fresh raspberries or any fruit of your choice, sometimes we decorate ours with Maltesers.
Follow us on Instagram for regular updates of what day to day life is like at Our Little House in the Country
I’m going to try this soon Ciara – this looks so delicious. And aren’t you lucky to have fresh eggs!
Sue, if I may say so myself it’s really yummy- I have another in the oven at the moment for today’s dessert! Our fresh eggs have been great for encouraging the kids to eat them- they collect them each day and have them for breakfast! Hope you’re having a lovely weekend.
Ooooo I regularly make pavlova but I’ve never made it with icing sugar! Can’t wait to try it 😊 it looks scrummy!!!
Looks fab! Best of luck with the new Home section, I’m sure it will be great! 🙂