Sunflower Handprint Art 2 – Autumn/Fall Art Activities for Kids
Sunflowers are such a cheerful flower and what better way to celebrate the ending of summer and coming of autumn with a handprint art sunflower, a perfect craft for preschoolers
We love sunflowers and last week we had a lot of fun making a giant sunflower with our handprints. Today we decided to use our favourite flowers as inspiration again for a craft activity.
- Pre-cut card handprints
- PVA non toxic glue
- Paper Plate
- A2 White card
- Stapler and staples
- We painted each of the pre-cut handprints with autumnal colours, sprinkled them with a little red and gold glitter and left to dry
- We kept 3 or 4 to cover in PVA glue and glitter.
- While waiting for our handprints to dry we cut out the centre of a paper plate and painted the circumference with autumn colours.
- When they had dried I helped Oodles (2.5y.o.) to staple them around the circumference of the paper plate – this would make a lovely Autumn/Fall wreath on it’s own.
- Using a plate Doodles (5) drew a circle on brown paper and cut it out and stuck it onto the large sheet of white card.
- We then stuck a strip of green paper onto the card to form out stem. I cut out a few large green leaves (D wasn’t feeling too well and didn’t want to complete the project and O is still getting to grips with a scissors) and added these to the stem.
- Taking our handprint “wreath” we stuck it onto the brown circle to create our cheery, glittery, sunflower!
This project could easily have been done using a child’s own handprints and cutting them out. We used these pre cut handprints as I found them in a discount store for 75 cents and thought this would be a perfect project for them!
What Autumn/Fall arts and crafts have you been doing or are planning! We would love to try out your ideas! Feel free to share a link or photo of your projects on our Facebook page!
For a sneak peek into day to day life at Our Little House in the Country and our projects and activities check out our Instagram and say hello, we love to chat!