Sunflowers – Handprint Art for Kids
Sunflowers are one of my favourite flowers and each year we try to grow them. We haven’t been very successful this year but still managed these lovelies in the picture below. So using these cheerful, sunny flowers as inspiration we set about our most recent art activity – again this is quick and simple and suitable for all ages from 2.5yrs up.
What we used:
- large sheet of paper/card
- poster paint
- paint/printing tray
- paint brushes
What we did:
- Doodles (5) placed a plate on the sheet and drew around it with a pencil to make the centre of our flower
- He then painted a long green stem and added leaves.
- Both D and his little sister Oodles(2.5) dabbed brown paint onto the circle
- Then the fun really began. They covered their hands in paint and printed the whole way around the circumference of the the circle.
- They did this several times, making the sunflower as big as they could manage.
- They then covered their hands in orange paint and added orange hand prints to the yellow petals.
Simple, fun and really colourful!