Autumn Tree Collages – Fall Art Activities for Kids
This is a very simple yet lovely autumn collage activity, suitable for all ages and both Doodles(5) and Oodles (2.5) managed this with ease.
What we used:
- coloured paper
- felt autumn leaves and scraps of felt
- PVA non toxic glue
- cotton wool
What we did:
- I encouraged the children to tear a piece of green paper to create the grass or hill for the foreground of their picture.
- They then ripped brown paper (we used brown sugar paper for it’s texture) into strips to make the tree trunks
- Using the PVA glue they arranged the paper on the blue sheet to create their grass and tree and then added the leaves and felt scraps
- Doodles suggested that we add leaves and apples to the ground as trees in our garden are unfortunately beginning to shed their leaves and apples already!
- D also wanted to added fluffy clouds to his sky and used cotton wool to do so.
- When we were happy with our creations we mounted each on a slightly larger sheet of orange card
This is a quick and easy activity but lots of fun and produces a very effective autumn scene. It also provides lots of opportunities to discuss the changes that occur in autumn and chat about the various colours associated with autumn.
Pingback: Finger Print Autumn Trees – Fall Art Activities for Kids | Our Little House in the Country
Nice one. Will try with my class for autumn.
Fun and easy for little hands! Featured this on Mom’s Library too!
Oh wow, thanks so much! I love your blog and linky, one of my faves so this is lovely news!
Pingback: 6 Autumn/Fall Crafts for Kids | Our Little House in the Country